Sunday, May 30, 2010

Welcome

Howdy y'all!!! I'd like to welcome everyone and explain what goes on down here in South Texas! Big D and I moved to Texas in the hot hot summer of 2009. I work full time, he works more than full time. We have three precious dogs, that of course are as spoiled as kids.

But enough about boring us! Let's move on to the blog! This blog is to catalog our adventures in food. We both love cooking, however because of Big D's schedule, I'm the one to do most of the cooking. We don't cook healthy food. Just down home, mostly from scratch, fill your tummy food! We, and when I say we I mean I for the most part, try to balance our meals with veggies, salads and some thought to not completely clogging our arteries. Cooking for two can be difficult. We both come from large families that cook for armys! So learning to scale back, or repurpose leftovers for lunches has been a challenge. Also we do not cook fancy food. We stick to a loose budget by shopping sales, stocking up and using coupons. We'd like to share what we have learned and are learning. I get a lot of my ideas from Rachael Ray, the
Pioneer Woman and food network. Big D takes his inspiration from using lots of Tony Caseras seasonings.

Enjoy!
Little D

No comments:

Post a Comment